AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

mattsears18
Message 1 of 3 (1,790 Views)

How can I calculate cut and fill?

1790 Views, 2 Replies
07-14-2011 06:17 PM

Hi,

I've used autocad for a while, but I've never created surfaces or anything. Right now I'm using autocad 2011, but I can get civil 3D if need be.

I have a file with existing contours and proposed contours. How can I make 3d surfaces and calculate the cut and fill?

Many thanks!

engqld
Message 2 of 3 (1,781 Views)

Re: How can I calculate cut and fill?

07-14-2011 08:58 PM in reply to: mattsears18

Hi,

The way I would do this would be by creating the two surfaces in AutoCAD Civil 3D both being a Tin Surface with the appropriate elevations as per the countour heights. Once you have both surfaces you can then create a Tin volume which you set a base and comparison surfaces once this is created under go to surface properties - statistics - volume this will give you a cut fill and net volume.

Hope this helps

Mentor
Message 3 of 3 (1,763 Views)

Re: How can I calculate cut and fill?

07-15-2011 07:09 AM in reply to: engqld

LOFT command can also come in handy for these types of calculations.

---------------------------------------

3D AutoCAD Pipework - http://www.HerculeDesign.com/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube