AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

mrmurfin
Message 1 of 5 (663 Views)

How can I assign osnaps to Function keys

663 Views, 4 Replies
02-24-2010 08:04 AM
I used to be able to redefine my Accelerator Keys (F1 thru F12) by editing my acad.mnu file. For example, I want the F2 key to give me endpoint snap instead of the default Text Window. I tried putting F2 in front of endpoint in the cui editor under overide keys but I still get the text window when I pick F2. I even tried to disable the text window command and I still get it.
Does anyone know how to reassign the F function keys to give the individual osnaps. I don't like the running osnaps on and it seems much slower to keep picking them off the menu instead of just picking one key to get it.

Thanks
*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 5 (663 Views)

Re: How can I assign osnaps to Function keys

02-24-2010 08:21 AM in reply to: mrmurfin
overide keys is the wrong place, go to keyboard shortcuts, shortcut keys and drop the snap in there, after that define keystroke F2 in the Access key
*Dean Saadallah
Message 3 of 5 (663 Views)

02-24-2010 08:25 AM in reply to: mrmurfin
Did you try a search, here or on the internet, before posting? Always assume
you are never the first with a problem, especially this old.

http://www.google.com/search?q=F1+key+in+autocad&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7HPND_en

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
mrmurfin
Message 4 of 5 (663 Views)

02-24-2010 08:57 AM in reply to: mrmurfin
Thanks I got it to work
mrmurfin
Message 5 of 5 (663 Views)

02-24-2010 09:06 AM in reply to: mrmurfin
I did look here and on the internet. I found the same web address you have listed below but that did not answer my question. That web site shows you how to redefine it the old way with a menu as a text file for previous releases of Autocad. I already knew how to do it that way as I expressed in my post but Autocad 2010 seems to make you edit the menu through CUI interface which is different than editing the menu as a text file. The other person who posted a response gave me the answer I needed. Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube