Hebrew fonts

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
clararegen
4523 Views, 13 Replies

Hebrew fonts

Hi! 

I have a biiiiiiig problem. I have tried everything and I can't read hebrew in my plans. 

I have an iMac working with OSX 10.9.2 and AutoCAD 2013 educational version. 

How can I solve this problem? I'm getting crazy!!!! 

Thank You very much. 

Clara

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: clararegen

Hi Clara,

Welcome to the community,

Please make sure the font was added to the following location: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Fonts

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 14
clararegen
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Your answer is not for Windows???
Message 4 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan

Have a look at these links: 

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 14

@clararegen wrote:

I have a biiiiiiig problem. I have tried everything and I can't read hebrew in my plans. 

I have an iMac working with OSX 10.9.2 and AutoCAD 2013 educational version. 

You could be a little more specific: is it a problem that you don't have hebrew fonts, or do those misbehave?

Does the problem happen on-screen, or only when printing?

- If it is printing only, it is not necessarily a font problem as such. AutoCAD has a long-standing bug (every version since 2006, I don't know about earlier ones) where it shows the right-to-left languages correctly on-screen, but prints them left-to-right.

--

Message 6 of 14
clararegen

Hi again and thank you for your answers! 

My problem is that I have many many plans in hebrew, plans I made in Windows with my last computer. Now I'm working with an iMac and AutoCAD 2013 Educational Version, and when I'm opening those plans I can't read hebrew at all: I just can see the equivalent letters in english and with mirror effect and sometimes I just can see "?????????????", that's it. That's the first problem. 

The second one is when I'm creating a new *.dwg file. I can write in hebrew, yes, but I have to write the backwards. For instance: if I want to write "plan" in hebrew I have to write "nalp" to see this in the right way. 

I'm sending you one of my problematics hebrew file to show you my priblem. 

By the way: I have many hebrew fonts and I tried everything I found on forums and I can't get it anyway... 

Hope you can help me. 

Thank you very very much! 

Clara 

Message 7 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan

HI Clara,

Now I understand better what you are looking for.

First of all, in your text styles dialog box, you have the option to read your text backwards Please see my attachment. Now I know on Mac it might display different. But go have a look at the text style.

Getting to your issue. do you still have the sivan_M.shx fond file?

Jo - Ann
Message 8 of 14
clararegen

Hi JoAnn again! 

Ok, I fixed it but... still have the same problem!!!! 

I do have the font file (sivan_M) 

Some other ideas? Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan

Could I ask you to please zip that font and attach it here. It would be easier to figure out how to fix it than "guessing" how to fix it

Jo - Ann
Message 10 of 14
clararegen

I did it... I did it!!!!!
Somebody from Israel called me when he saw my post and gave me a great help.
I have another post here where I received the same solution this kind guy gave me.
Thank you very very much!
Clara
Message 11 of 14
JoAnn_Hogan

Hahahaha seems like you are jumping from joy! Well I am glad you got it sorted!

How did you get it fixed?

Jo - Ann
Message 12 of 14
clararegen

I am!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha
Thaaaaaanks!!!
Message 13 of 14
clararegen
Message 14 of 14
rnschaefer2

What was the solution?  I have the same problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost