AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

LegoArchitect
Message 1 of 3 (489 Views)

Hatching and printing

489 Views, 2 Replies
11-15-2011 09:27 AM

Hi Everyone,

For the longest time, i have been unable to print my nicely hatched dwgs the way it showes up on screen.

Instead, the hatched areas sometimes become different colours, or just not show up at all, or worse, only half of the hatched area will print... which is even more confusing.

in modle space, my elevation has been completly hatched with shades of grey. I have layered them in a way that i wish them to print. When i go into Paper-space, i set my print style to acad.ctb so that it will recognize the various colours/ shades and print each one... when i hit print preview... i get something completely different; with colours not of my choosing, and sometimes certain areas will overlap eachother and or just not show up, and appear as if there was nothing ever there...

This happens when i print to PDF or to paper.

Mainly, this happens when i am dealing with colours that are similar or only a few shades different in colour. but it has happened to me with colours that are completely different...

I have tried using grey scale when printing in grey tones, but still, this does not work.

Am i doing something wrong, or leaving out a key function?

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? or is there a patch for it already?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (482 Views)

Re: Hatching and printing

11-15-2011 11:07 AM in reply to: LegoArchitect

If you want the output to match the screen, why select any plot style at all? NONE should be your only choice.

Are you sure ACAD.CTB is set to print each pen to each pen's color? Have you ever plotted without it, the NONE choice? Do so now and find out.

What printer are you using? What driver are you using to print to it? Can we assume you've never had your printer's color calibrated to match your screen?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Mentor
jonmcfarlandWS
Message 3 of 3 (480 Views)

Re: Hatching and printing

11-15-2011 11:20 AM in reply to: LegoArchitect

Hi Steve,

If you're overlapping solid fills, or a hatch under a solid fill, one issue could be that the acad.ctb file isn't set for any screening of the colors.  When you say "shades of gray" are you using colors 250-254?

Posting a file may help someone diagnose the problem better.

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered.
curtainwallBIM.blogspot.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube