Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alexwebber
222 Views, 1 Reply

HELP

Ive uploaded a 3D model to help explain the situation. In reality the members (lines) in one direction will be in a different plane to the members running in another direction (3No. planes in total). I need to know the chord length and height of  every arc (so they can be fabricated). The trouble is the diagonals are not actually drawn as arcs (they are the surface lines of a torus). Is there a way i can convert these to arcs? Ive been trying to draw 3 point arcs on top of them, but it doesnt seem to be snapping to these lines correctly. It would be great if i could pull up an elevation of each arc also. Tried cutting a section but it says not cutting through any 3D objects. Thanks for any help

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

you can first set the UCS to be parallel to the object (using command _UCS and option _OBJECT).

Then you can start the _ARC command and show 3 points on that base-object, first is the start-point then (with object snap _NEAREST) any point on the base-curve and then the end-point for the arc.

HTH,  - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost