Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ahmad.brock
482 Views, 11 Replies

HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a tech at a large corporation and I had a user with an issue with her computer. I had to wipe her computer and reinstall the AutoCAD software. hen i went to activate it, i says that I have an invalid serial number. I'm trying to get an activation code, but I don't know  where to get it.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
justshutup
in reply to: ahmad.brock

@ahmad.brock wrote:

I'm a tech at a large corporation and I had a user with an issue with her computer. I had to wipe her computer and reinstall the AutoCAD software. hen i went to activate it, i says that I have an invalid serial number. I'm trying to get an activation code, but I don't know  where to get it.

Your Autodesk reseller can help you with this.

Message 3 of 12
ahmad.brock
in reply to: justshutup

Already tried that, they're clueless. I'm done it via this site before using live chat. Do you or anyone else know how I get to a live chat agent.

Message 4 of 12
GrantsPirate

Are you on subscription?  If yes log into the website and find the s/n there.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 12
ahmad.brock
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Yes it's on subscription and I have the S/N. I'm trying to activate it.

Message 6 of 12
GrantsPirate

On the page where it shows your product and s/n, look in the upper left, there will be a 'need help' link.  Follow that for help in getting you going again.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 7 of 12
Kent1Cooper

You might catch the attention of people with more knowledge about this kind of thing on the Installation & Licensing Forum.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 12
steve216586

You can get a number you can call to talk to a live agent who will email you a number. Just do a little research on line.

Here's a hint: start with AutoDESK "contact us"/product licensing and installation.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 9 of 12
doni49
in reply to: steve216586

@steve216586 wrote:

You can get a number you can call to talk to a live agent who will email you a number. Just do a little research on line.

Here's a hint: start with AutoDESK "contact us"/product licensing and installation.

Autodesk is updating their phone equipment this week and telephone support will be spotty at best.

You're better off trying the Installation & Licensing forum as suggested above.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 10 of 12
steve216586
in reply to: doni49

How is anyone in a "Peer to Peer" forum going to assign an authorization code to a user with a valid license and serial number? Jeeesh!! I'm sure AutoDesk has a plan for phones in one office to be transfered to another. Even a simple little office like mine can transfer outside calls to another call center for customer support. There is more than one office, I think??

Message 11 of 12
doni49
in reply to: steve216586

It's not always an issue with needing a new code. And since he said he has the sn, I am inclined to believe it's more of an issue with getting acad to look at the license server correctly.

The people in the other forum can help track down those other issues.

I'm not suggesting the forum INSTEAD of the phone. But post the question in the forum an did might be resolved by the time a phone call is returned.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 12 of 12
steve216586
in reply to: doni49

Maybe I should have noted that I have called and received an authorization number through email within minutes, several times within the past six years. His problem is not unique using older versions of ACAD when you wipe a computer, upgrade to a new computer or change seat to a new employee with a stand alone license. I didn't mention that because I thought I lead him down a good path to finding these things on his own. No disrespect to you Don inteded with any of my comments. Just relaying my experience and success with that process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost