Did you mean: 

General Segment Label thick border

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
wdprice3
497 Views, 7 Replies

General Segment Label thick border

I have a client using ACAD 2012 that is referencing my topo file which contains contour labels (General Segment Label).  I am using C3D 2012.  On my client's machine, the borders for the labels are showing up extremely thick; however, on my computer (regular ACAD and C3D) the borders show up correctly.  This also apparently happens with the existing contour labels, where the border is not supposed to show.  I'm guessing this must be some type of frame on the background mask, since it is showing up on both label styles.  Any ideas on how to get the labels to show correctly?  

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: wdprice3

Maybe the boxes that showed on your client's machine is proxy object boxes.

Use EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command and send a plain autocad format to them, see if the boxes will go away.

Message 3 of 8
Patchy

You edited the 2nd photo, the boxes are thicker lines could be that they use a different plot style than yours.

Message 4 of 8
wdprice3
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks, that worked. Though I wish there was a better solution that didn't involve the client having to edit my files.

Message 5 of 8
wdprice3

They are using the plot style provided by me

Message 6 of 8
wdprice3

Ok, while this command provides the correct view, it isn't going to be a feasible solution.  We have a large set of plans, from 5 scale to 60 scale, thus would have to run this command on each topo file for each scale so the text sizes are correct, per the paperspace scale. 

Any other solutions?

Message 7 of 8
pendean

You don't have much of a choice: you are using a vertical, C3D, your recipient is not. For flawless file exchanges one of you needs to use the AutoCAD version of the other.

Post in the C3D forum and ask your peers how they do it, there might be something you can emulate.
Message 8 of 8
wdprice3

They just needed to install the Civil 3D Object Enabler.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost