AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
qfanatiq
Message 1 of 6 (366 Views)

Forgotten silly little things - Its only been fours years

366 Views, 5 Replies
03-05-2013 10:18 AM

Can anyone help with really silly fundemental drawing stuff.

Google has not been my friend and overall cannot belive how many of the smaller things I have forgotten.

My first immideiate issue is text and dimesnioning on view port.

If I dimesion in a viewport, these dims appear on other view ports (referencing info at different scales) I thought I can write text and dimesion specific to view port even if infromation repeated around sheet.

Seconly, if i have the above situation of my detail at 1:10 then more at 1:5/1:2, I want the hatch scale to be uniform in all viewports. What is the setting (so if hat5ch lines 2mm apart in 1:10 then I want them 2mm apart in the 1:2 as well.

I know this is really novice stuff. I used to manage FlexM Licenses and administer this program as well as training. Need to get it all back ASAP.

Cheers.....Q

Distinguished Mentor
steve216586
Message 2 of 6 (344 Views)

Re: Forgotten silly little things - Its only been fours years

03-05-2013 12:04 PM in reply to: qfanatiq

Are you talking about annotative text, hatch and dimensions?  Set the annotative scale you want at the bottom of your workspace.  Make sure that it matches the viewport you want it to show in.  I turn off the feature to automatically add scales to annotative objects.  This way my dimensions, text and hatches only have the scale I desire attached to them.

In paperspace, create you different viewports and scale them to the desired scale which also matches your scales you set for the different objects in Modelspace.  I turn the button at the bottom to "show annotative objects with current scale only." 

You should have only your hatch, text and dimensions for each viewport displayed and not every single scale showing in every single viewport.

You can add and remove scales in properties for each individual annotative object it you forget to switch the annotative scale in Modelspace before drawing your dimension, text or hatch.

P.S. I set ltscale to 1 and let the annotative feature control that with psltscale set to 1 also.

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 3 of 6 (320 Views)

03-05-2013 05:54 PM in reply to: qfanatiq
If your looking for a great resource on Annotation scaling there's a video on the Autodesk University website, class # AC2512 "Annotation scaling in AutoCad bringing the Technology home". To watch it or access the course materials you must register set up an AU account which is free.

In addition to what Steve mentioned also set Msltscale to 1.
Jay

C3D 2014 SP1
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Distinguished Contributor
qfanatiq
Message 4 of 6 (300 Views)

03-06-2013 01:21 AM in reply to: steve216586

I think it is me not explaining myself well.

This does not get the desired result.

I have sections drawn and they are refreneced into several drawings at several scales, when they are referenced in I want to have the hatch appear all the same in each viewport.

Then if I click in the viewport to dim it (say gutter 1:2) I do not want these dimensions appearing in the Detail Section Key viewport at 1:50 (but they do)

If I click in the viewport to annotate and dimesion, I want these in this viewport only not in any view on that sheet showing the same thing.

I will take some screen shots this week and see what I can recover in my borken mind. I hope not, but it might be me getting mixed up with my previous CAD package.

Cheers for sustions, always worth a shot.

Q

Distinguished Mentor
steve216586
Message 5 of 6 (288 Views)

03-06-2013 05:45 AM in reply to: qfanatiq

See attached snapshot. This is paperspace lower right of screen.  The left symbol which looks like a cross section of engineer scale. 

Also, as been suggested, a 4 minute tutorial can be found by googling "AutoCAD annotative tutorial".  Good four minute investment to get back in the groove.

Mentor
Nik-D
Message 6 of 6 (273 Views)

03-06-2013 08:16 AM in reply to: Jay_B

I'm halfway through watching the AU lecture on Annotative Scaling as Jay suggested and I would like to say that for me it was well worth the watch..Cheers

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube