Did you mean: 

File menu send... option is greyed out

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MarkScholl5799
1297 Views, 2 Replies

File menu send... option is greyed out

I've looked all over hoping for a fix for this issue, to no avail.  I'm hoping someone here might have some insight.

I have one user running AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 in vanilla 2012 mode, and he is using the old fashioned menus and toolbars, no ribbons to be seen.  The "Send..." option in the file menu is greyed out.  What can I do to re-enable this option?  right now, I have him sending his files via the right-click context "Send To" within Windows explorer (he's on Windows 7 pro x64, by the way.)  He would much rather have his old send option back. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: MarkScholl5799

It works for others users with the exact same software at your office?
Is the user saving the file first?
Any reason why your corporate standards don't require all your users to use ETRANSMIT command?
Message 3 of 3
MarkScholl5799
in reply to: pendean

We managed to find the culprit.

It did indeed work on everyone else's computer; no one else happens to use it, however.

The trouble is with Office (and Outlook) 2013.  Apparently, the installation wasn't smart enough to make a change to the win.ini file.  Apparently, when you make a new mail program the default on your machine, it is supposed to add the following lines to win.ini:

[Mail]

CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll

CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll

CMC=1

MAPI=1

MAPIX=1

MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1

OLEMessaging=1

If these lines aren't in the win.ini, the send function in most any Windows program that has one will not function.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost