Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features tied by vertice association?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fireflyo9
494 Views, 4 Replies

Features tied by vertice association?

In Civil 2012 it seems that a new feature has been added where at times I will say draw a line (#1) that snaps to a vertice on another line(#2) (could be new, could be existing)  then I will go to adjust the location of the line (#1), move a vertice, use the move command to drag it somewhere or something and it carries the shared vertice of line #2 with it even though line #2 is not selected.

Where do I turn this setting off?  Why does it seem to occur at random?  How do I make this feature occur when I actually want it to occur?

Any help is appreciated!

----------------------------
c3D 2012 x64
Windows XP x64
Dell Precision T3500
Quad Intel Xeon CPUs W3580 @ 3.3 GHz
12.0 GB RAM

NVIDA Quadro FX 3800 video drive
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: fireflyo9

Hi,

look to constraints (>>>details<<<), it seems like you have activated CONSTRAINTINFER

Disable CONSTRAINTINFER (>>>details<<<) and delete the existing constraints using command _DELCONSTRAINT.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
MarySeufert

If Alfred's suggestion isn't the issue, are you referring to Civil 3D Feature Lines?

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 4 of 5
fireflyo9

Thank you Alfred for the tips & help documentation.  That's exactly what was going on!  It's been driving me nuts for months!  I'm stillnot entirely sure why it appears to occur at random, but at least now I know I don't have to keep exploding my linework all the time!

Mary - I frequently use feature lines in grading plans and as far as I know there is no way to avoid them constraining/associating with eachother if they cross (with or without snapping vertices)  Do you happen know of a way to keep lines that appear to intersect in 2D (but not actullly intended to intersect in 3D) from being tied together?

Thank you!

----------------------------
c3D 2012 x64
Windows XP x64
Dell Precision T3500
Quad Intel Xeon CPUs W3580 @ 3.3 GHz
12.0 GB RAM

NVIDA Quadro FX 3800 video drive
Message 5 of 5
MarySeufert

To have intersecting feature lines at different elevations at the Point of Intersection, the Feature Lines have to be associated to two different Sites. All feature lines within a site will vertically intersect one another. For a real world example, I make a unique site for each phase of grading (excavation, compaction, finished, etc.), then associate (or if already created, move) the appropriate feature lines to their respective sites.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost