AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Rui_Pedro_Silva
Message 1 of 8 (541 Views)

Fatal error closing Autocad 2010

541 Views, 7 Replies
08-03-2009 01:46 PM
I dont know if this has happened to anyone here, but the fact is that my AutoCAD 2010 started to give a fatal error when i close the last drawing, for instance, i open two drawings, i can close one of them without problems, closing the other one gives a fatal error. I can handle with that besides being a little bit annoying. The drawings are all saved, however i must deal with the recovery window whenever i open AutoCAD again, not to mention the other pallets that appear on different positions, once the information about their right position is not saved when closing.

Thank you very much in advanced for your future answers,
Best regards.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 8 (541 Views)

Re: Fatal error closing Autocad 2010

08-04-2009 05:10 AM in reply to: Rui_Pedro_Silva
did you repair reinstall R2010 yet?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Rui_Pedro_Silva
Message 3 of 8 (541 Views)

08-05-2009 03:49 AM in reply to: Rui_Pedro_Silva
Sorry, but i didnt get your message, how do i do that? Do you mean, to uninstall Autocad and install it again to see if the problem persist? I havent done that, in fact i was trying to avoid it.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 4 of 8 (541 Views)

08-05-2009 04:12 AM in reply to: Rui_Pedro_Silva
Time to try it.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
tfields
Message 5 of 8 (541 Views)

09-01-2009 06:54 AM in reply to: Rui_Pedro_Silva
I have recently installed Inventor 2010 which includes AutoCAD 2010. The first issue was that I had to load all 6 DVD's onto my machine as there was a error after the 1st disc - found this problem on another thread. I then installed the software and deleted all the install files as directed(about 12Gb worth). AutoCAD has been running OK initially, however i am now getting Fatal Errors when I close a drawing. It has now got to the stage were AutoCAD will open but then hangs during this process - frustrated is not even close and the thought of copying 6 DVD's back onto my machine is not what I want to hear
*Pro
Modman_4
Message 6 of 8 (541 Views)

09-01-2009 08:17 AM in reply to: Rui_Pedro_Silva
> {quote:title=Rui_Pedro_Silva wrote:}{quote}
> I dont know if this has happened to anyone here, but the fact is that my AutoCAD 2010 started to give a fatal error when i close the last drawing, for instance, i open two drawings, i can close one of them without problems, closing the other one gives a fatal error. I can handle with that besides being a little bit annoying. The drawings are all saved, however i must deal with the recovery window whenever i open AutoCAD again, not to mention the other pallets that appear on different positions, once the information about their right position is not saved when closing.
>
> Thank you very much in advanced for your future answers,
> Best regards.

Assuming you are using 2010 and not a vertical product, have you applied the Product Update #1 (aka SP1) yet? I had a similar problem and the update cured it...
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! :smileyhappy:
aquaerik
Message 7 of 8 (541 Views)

09-15-2009 05:34 AM in reply to: Rui_Pedro_Silva
The most of our people who use Acad2010 have this problem. When they will close the last drawing, they get a fatal error. I have install the newest update,but it was not the solution. Who can give us the right solution for this problem. Maybe a share on the C-disk?

Best regards,

Erik
*Pro
Modman_4
Message 8 of 8 (541 Views)

09-15-2009 07:27 AM in reply to: Rui_Pedro_Silva
Have you tried searching the knowledge base for anything pertaining to the exact phrasing of the error message?
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! :smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube