AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
tjacque2012
Message 1 of 5 (1,402 Views)

FATAL ERRORS - ANY FIXES?

1402 Views, 4 Replies
06-29-2011 07:27 AM

I have been having issues with FATAL ERRORS.  I will be working with my Viewports in Paperspace and then it crashes.  The file is not a very big file and I am  working in 3D.

The dialog box states:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x00e0 Exception at e2ade949h

I click okay...

Then this dialog box pops up:

MICROSOFT VISUAL C++  Runtime Library

C: ProgramFiles/Autodesk/AutoCADMEP2012/acad.exe

R6025

- Pure Virtual Function call

I click okay...

Then this dialog box pops up:

Error Handler Re-entered. Exiting Now.

And it closes the entire application back to my desktop.  I retry to open AutoCAD, go back to my file and try it again.  Same issue has arisen multiple times.

Product Support
Holger.Kloecker
Message 2 of 5 (1,379 Views)

Re: FATAL ERRORS - ANY FIXES?

06-30-2011 07:30 AM in reply to: tjacque2012

If you are experiencing the issues only with a particular file, you might want to purge the file as much as possible.

First try running AUDIT, PURGE and RECOVER commands on the file.

If this does not help, I would recommend to export the file content to a new file using either WBLOCK or EXPORTTOAUTOCAD. Another option would be to copy and paste into a new blank file.

Does this help?

Holger Klöcker
Valued Mentor
JohnHolder
Message 3 of 5 (1,365 Views)

06-30-2011 10:45 AM in reply to: tjacque2012

This happens all the time.  Autocad does not seem to like 3d viewstyles in viewports.  I have tried everything.

What I have been trying to do, is do the viewports all in 2d wireframe, then when everything is done,

switch it to a 3d viewport - like 3d hidden / hidden etc and it seem to crash less.

but trying to do anything with a 3d viewport causes it to crash mulitple times.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Product Support
Holger.Kloecker
Message 4 of 5 (1,349 Views)

07-01-2011 07:32 AM in reply to: JohnHolder

Did you check if your graphics configuration is set correctly, hardware acceleration is enabled and you are using the latest certified graphics driver.

You can go here to check for updated drivers:

Certified drivers

If you are unsure, post the performance tuner log here (Type 3DCONFIG and click on "View Tuner Log").

I hope this helps.

Holger Klöcker
Valued Mentor
JohnHolder
Message 5 of 5 (1,335 Views)

07-01-2011 09:00 AM in reply to: Holger.Kloecker

Currently using the latest drivers.. previous and the latest ( non cert nvidia drivers ) also do not work

Hardware acceleration IS one of the problems WITH a cert. driver and video card.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube