Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xfa6a7488 @ f6b5204eh

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BC-JChandler
3020 Views, 1 Reply

FATAL ERROR Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xfa6a7488 @ f6b5204eh

Hoping that someone can help with these far to consistent AutoCAD fatal errors on my work PC. I work in several different versions/years but have the most problems with AutoCAD 2011. I have been working on small edits to a large number of drawings.. So open the sheet, make a few minor changes, save, plot, and move on to the next. I'm getting this same FATAL ERROR every 3-5 sheets and its really waisting a large amount of my time. The errors seem to occur when i'm opening a sheet or closing/saving a sheet. I've been at work for 4 hours so far today and am on error #10. Nobody ever responds to the "send error reports" so I'm looking here for help. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rkmcswain
in reply to: BC-JChandler

There is no magic answer. Fatal errors can be caused by a thousand things. The first thing I try and do is determine if this is a drawing problem or a hardware/software problem. 

Use RECOVER to open the drawings instead of OPEN. Note any errors fixed.

Try working on the same drawings on a different machine if possible.

Try logging into the machine as a new user if possible, so that you will be starting with a fresh Windows profile and a fresh AutoCAD profile.

Does the error always occur at the same point (like during a save for example)?

Move the drawings from where ever they live now to somewhere else (network drive to a local drive, for example) and test that for a while.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost