I understand when you try to plot, you receive Fatal Errors in both AutoCAD 2009 and 2010 with Low Memory in AutoCAD on multiple computers.
There are a few things to try to resolve this issue:
RASTERPERCENT> Sets the maximum percentage of available virtual memory that is allowed for plotting a raster image.
RASTERTHRESHOLD> Specifies a raster threshold in megabytes. If the plotted raster image exceeds this threshold, the availability of system memory is checked. The plot is aborted if the image is too big for the available memory.
Also try turning down the raster performance:
1. Open the Plot dialog box by starting the plot command
2. Select the Printer/plotter device
3. Click the "Properties" button net to the device name
4. Click once on "Graphics" inside the "Device and Document Settings" window
5. Click on "Raster Graphics"
6. What is the "Raster and Shaded/Rendered Viewports" setting set to?(see attached image)
7. Try moving the slide bar to the left to lower the setting.
8. Click "Ok"
9. Save the temporary pc3 file
10. Select the paper size
11. Click "Ok" to plot
Can you plot to PDF or DWF successfully?
Please let me know if this works for you.
Autodesk Product Support