AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
beh160
Message 1 of 5 (624 Views)

Excel spreadsheets show up with gridlines

624 Views, 4 Replies
12-12-2012 08:44 AM

I have been having an  issue when printing to PDF from AutoCAD my Excel spreadsheets show up with gridlines that are not there in there Excel or CAD. I have tried a number of things to eliminate that lines (see list below) but nothing has worked so far. I am running AutoCAD 2012 and Excel 2003. I have inserted the spreadsheet using "Paste Special" so that I can continue to work on the spreadsheet in excel and it will update in CAD.

-  I have changes the Plot Quality. In Monochrome the lines print. Low quality the spreadsheet does not show up. High quality again nothing shows up

- In Excel I have turned off the "Gridlines" and re-copied into AutoCAD. The lines still show up when printing to PDF

- If I paste as an AutoCAD Entity I can not update in Excel

Please let me know if you have any other ideas. I would really like to get this to work.

Valued Contributor
nannerdw
Message 2 of 5 (621 Views)

Re: Excel spreadsheets show up with gridlines

12-12-2012 09:08 AM in reply to: beh160

I had this issue in the past, and ended up setting the fill color in Excel to white instead of "No FIll."

-Using Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012
Active Contributor
beh160
Message 3 of 5 (613 Views)

12-12-2012 10:50 AM in reply to: nannerdw

Unfortunately I just tried making the fill white and the lines are still showing up.

Contributor
sbennett
Message 4 of 5 (590 Views)

12-14-2012 01:25 PM in reply to: beh160

Ok, I brought into autocad "paste special" as an excel file, with grid lines off. It pasted without lines and plotted without lines!

Contributor
sbennett
Message 5 of 5 (589 Views)

12-14-2012 01:28 PM in reply to: sbennett

sorry I was in a hurry... I copied the excel info, went to ACAD and selected 'paste special' then 'Paste Link', then used 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet' and it printed clean

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube