AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

jtuulse
Message 1 of 6 (220 Views)

Everything is completely black!

220 Views, 5 Replies
10-04-2012 07:10 AM

Hi, 

I'm new to using AutoCAD, so please bear with me if this is super clear to everyone else...

I have been working on a drawing, and all of a sudden everything turns completely black. That is, model space and layout space is all black. Menus and tool sets and layers box and such are still visible, I seem to be able to draw things and select things, but I can't see my drawing. It's just all black. It's the same if I open a new drawing too. All black.

I have been working with xref images, if that might be a pard of the problem?  

Accidentally I pressed cmd + . and then I could see my layouts, and my drawing is there and everything. But the model space is black. And no grid either. 

Did I accidentally press a button or activate a command that I don't know about? I could redo everything, it's nothing super importan, only the same thing happens if I open a new document. 

Any help is appreciated! 

/Johanna

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 6 (213 Views)

Re: Everything is completely black!

10-04-2012 07:21 AM in reply to: jtuulse

If you attach your drawing here, it'll help to find out why.

jtuulse
Message 3 of 6 (204 Views)

10-04-2012 08:18 AM in reply to: Patchy

Oh, I didn't even know I could do that! Brilliant! Here it is, and thank you! 

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 4 of 6 (200 Views)

10-04-2012 08:37 AM in reply to: jtuulse

Your drawing without the images works fine, the photos might have used up all the memories.

Unload 1 photo or both and see if it'll help.

jtuulse
Message 5 of 6 (186 Views)

10-04-2012 11:21 AM in reply to: Patchy

Thanks! I'll try that and see if it helps. The wierd thing is that even if I open a new empty document it's all black. But I'll try and see if that dies the trick. 

If it IS the image, would it help if I tried to make it smaller? 

I'll post again once I've figured out if this helps. Thanks again. 

jtuulse
Message 6 of 6 (176 Views)

10-04-2012 11:33 AM in reply to: jtuulse

And now suddenly it works just fine, I didn't even remove the image. Seriously I don't know what I'm doing more than half the time.... Anyway, still have lots to learn apparantly, and thanks a bunch for taking the time to try and help me!! 

Also, it's good to know that the image might be causing some troubles, that will be the first thing I try and remove if I have further problems!

Thx again!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube