AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
mikeshick
Message 1 of 5 (1,709 Views)

Etransmit - Relative Path XRefs - Bind External References

1709 Views, 4 Replies
06-06-2011 10:43 AM

When trying to etransmit drawings with xref's of relative path, I end up with drawings that often sheets that have no content in them.  

My etransmit settings are as follows:

keep existing format or autocad 2007 with exploded AEC objects

bind external references

place all files in one folder

Any suggesstions?

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 5 (1,707 Views)

Re: Etransmit - Relative Path XRefs - Bind External References

06-06-2011 11:08 AM in reply to: mikeshick

If you can't bind the xref drawings because they contain proxy objects, then you can not use Etransmit.

mikeshick
Message 3 of 5 (1,699 Views)

06-06-2011 11:20 AM in reply to: Patchy

I looked into your reply...and tried opening one of the drawings I was trying to etransmit. 

What I found was that the drawing had an uloaded xreference.  Once I loaded the xref, and then tried to etrans, it worked fine.

So...I suspect trying to bind xrefs through the etransmit, when xref's are unloaded fouls up the process.  Any furhter suggesstions?  This is something I have need of doing all the time.  I have lots of xrefs all the time, some of which need to stay unloaded.  I also have need of et'g all the time...and this has fouled me up for years.  I just decided to finally research a solution.

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Active Contributor
smorrison1
Message 4 of 5 (1,577 Views)

08-30-2011 01:52 PM in reply to: mikeshick

This may belong somwhere else.  We have an A/E that says they cannot take a 2012 format DWG and e-transmit, including xrefs, into 2008 format.   We don't want them bind the xrefs, just include them in the 2008 format along with the rest of the files.  I could have sworn earlier versions would copy & convert associated xref DWG's.  Did this feature go away or can you only do it if you bind the xrefs ?  I don't have 2012 & frankly, if the e-transmit feature is now limited somehow, I don't think we will upgrade.  -thanks for any insight you can offer.

mikeshick
Message 5 of 5 (976 Views)

09-16-2012 02:35 PM in reply to: mikeshick

still looking for a solution to this problem.  I often have projects with unloaded xreferences.  Then, on trying to etranmit, I find that my drawings have no content in them...even though the orginals have plenty of loaded xreferences.  This seems like a huge bug.  The result is that I can never have unloaded xrefs in a dwg that I ever intend to etransmit later, or that I detach all references that I would otherwise unload. 

Please advise!!!

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube