AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
david.augspurger
Message 1 of 5 (382 Views)

Error window on exit.

382 Views, 4 Replies
04-30-2012 07:05 AM

I am getting an error window upon existing AutoCAD Map 3D 2012.  It is not informative, just an exclamation point  (see attached image).  I close it and then get a second one exactly the same. 

Can I have AutoCAD write to a log file while it's closing so I can determine what is causing this error window to appear?

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (376 Views)

Re: Error window on exit.

04-30-2012 07:19 AM in reply to: david.augspurger

Hi,

that is one of the most informative (sarcasm off) messages already discussed here on different places.In the last days this most often appears for users having 2012 and 2013 installed parallel.

What I see is that it appears when all drawings are saved and close, so I'm not afraid about seeing my data to be killed by that. But sometimes it may lose changes to registry values, so if you modified variables stored in registry you should verify them when you start AutoCAD next time.

I don't know of any way to get them not appearing. Some did a uninstall of 2013 and then a new install of 2012 and this should have helped. I haven't tried it, look around in the >>>AutoCAD 2013 forum<<<, there you find some messages to this problem.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 3 of 5 (369 Views)

04-30-2012 07:44 AM in reply to: david.augspurger
Active Contributor
david.augspurger
Message 4 of 5 (365 Views)

04-30-2012 07:57 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

Nice...I wish for just one release cycle they would skip trying to add content and just clean up the existing version...but I digress...

I think I fixed my own issue though.  I uninstalled (via add/remove programs in Win 7) all Google Earth for AutoCAD plug-ins and also some Civil 3D object enablers.  I think it was the GE stuff though because I know they stopped supporting it last month and that was about the time the error appeared..  Anyway, removing those and I no longer have the uninformitve exclamation error upon exit.  Before, I would get the error upon every close. 

Maybe it will help someone else....

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 5 of 5 (363 Views)

04-30-2012 08:01 AM in reply to: david.augspurger

Hi,

>> I uninstalled (via add/remove programs in Win 7) all Google Earth for AutoCAD plug-ins

>> and also some Civil 3D object enablers

Great! Thank you for your feedback, that may be a help for a lot of people!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube