AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
sylvain_c
Message 1 of 7 (2,083 Views)
Accepted Solution

Edit multiple multileaders at once

2083 Views, 6 Replies
01-04-2011 12:35 PM

Is there a way to select multiple multileaders and change the text to the same thing in all of them?  (Like a block with attributes, where you can simply change the attribute in the properties box).

This would save so much time instead of going to each one of them, double click, edit text, "tab", "enter"....

Thanks

faboo3
Message 2 of 7 (2,059 Views)

Re: Edit multiple multileaders at once

01-04-2011 03:29 PM in reply to: sylvain_c

"find" command works for me.  i'm sure there are faster ways of editing text, but this is the fastest i know of.

command:  find

"find what:"  type in text you want changed

"replace with:"  type in text you want

"find where:"  pick current space/layout

you can either pick and choose which text to edit then "replace" or do a "replace all" and it changes all the text you want changed in the particular space/layout you chose.  unfortunately, if you need to change multiple texts that are different to one that is the same, you will have to pick and choose each, or repeat the "find" command for each.

for example:  say you're trying to change all the 1 1/2" to 5"  all you have to do is "replace all".  now if you want to change all the 1 1/2" and 2" and 3 1/116"  to 5", you would have to repeat the "find" command for each text to change.

i  hope i was able to convey this clearly.  and if anyone else has a better way, i REALLY would like to know also,  thanks

*Expert Elite*
ToanDN
Message 3 of 7 (2,052 Views)

01-04-2011 05:51 PM in reply to: sylvain_c

Highlight all of the Multi-leaders and click on Content in the Properties Palette.  Edit the first one, CTRL+A and CTRL+C to copy clip the text.  OK and it will bring you to the next one, CTRL+A and CTRL + V.  It will keep going until all the selected Multi-leaders got edited.  Far from one click edit all but better than double click and edit one by one.

To the other suggestion, FIND and REPLACE doesn't work with Multi-leaders, yet.

*Expert Elite*
3wood
Message 4 of 7 (2,029 Views)

01-05-2011 04:12 AM in reply to: sylvain_c

You can try ALTEXT.vlx, which can change the text content of selected Texts, Mtexts, Block Attributes, and MultiLeaders to a new text. Just set "Replace with" to "New", "Change to" to "String", and input the new text in "New text" edit box.

3wood

CAD KITS

Valued Contributor
DanielSanders4280
Message 5 of 7 (2,011 Views)

01-05-2011 05:54 AM in reply to: sylvain_c

I am using AutoCAD 2011, and the "Find and replace", and "Replace all" works on MLeaders for me. See attached pdf.

Contributor
sylvain_c
Message 6 of 7 (1,958 Views)

01-12-2011 12:39 PM in reply to: 3wood

This tool is exactly what I was looking for.  I was a bit skeptical  about the "registration" through the website, but I got my key promptly.

The search / replace works; but you have to REPLACE what's currently in the text string.  If there's nothing written or if the text string vary from each other, you have to do them one by one.

Thanks!

jreid
Message 7 of 7 (1,256 Views)

05-04-2012 12:21 PM in reply to: sylvain_c

2 WAYS:

Like the last post said, use the FIND command, but click the down arrow and chose the "use wildcards". Put an * in the Find What field and in the Replace With file type the text or numbers you want to change. Select the "Select Objects" button and go thru the drawing and pick the Leader Text, Mtext or just plain Text and select Replace All. Done.

For just plain Text, you can select all the ones you need changed and right click "Properties". In the Text Content line type in the text / numbers you need and enter. Done as well.

Both ways works great for electrical home run numbers that may use the same circuit.

JRR.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube