AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
OwenWhitehouse
Message 1 of 5 (724 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dynamic Block Rotation Changes

724 Views, 4 Replies
12-28-2012 08:58 AM

We have a dynamic section marker block. You can flip it, rotate it and stretch it. Some of our drawings have a lot of them. For some instances of the block that are rotated, opening the drawing or inserting another copy of the block causes the fill in the arrow to move back to its original orientation (see images). The darn things even plot incorrectly. This is a very frustrating issue, and I cannot figure out why it is occurring or how to fix it.

Flipping the broken ones back and forth fixes them, but it is silly that a drafter would have to do that with each one. Is anyone else seeing such odd behavior in dynamic blocks?Correct.PNG

Busted.PNG

Busted Plot.PNG

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 5 (716 Views)

Re: Dynamic Block Rotation Changes

12-28-2012 09:49 AM in reply to: OwenWhitehouse

Hi,

can you upload a drawing with this block inserted?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
doni49
Message 3 of 5 (689 Views)

01-08-2013 06:23 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I was having similar troubles.  But it seems to be working now.  Take a look through my thread (dwg files included).

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2012/Dynamic-Block-Rotation-Parameter/m-p/3747539

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Forum links:
AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015
AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoLISP, VB and other AutoCAD customization

Civil 3D General
Civil 3d Cusomization

Distinguished Mentor
steve216586
Message 4 of 5 (686 Views)

01-08-2013 06:43 AM in reply to: OwenWhitehouse

This isn't just a problem with fill hatch in a dynamic block.  I have had problems in 2012 alone with a solid bhatch pattern.  I made several blocks for our Emergency Evac Plans and the solid hatch would almost act like it was re-defining itself on a move or copy.  It was hit or miss too.  Sometimes just one of a similar block would go haywire and other times several of them would do it at the same instance of a copy. 

I think this may be a release problem with the way hatch is created.  I find if I created it by picking points or a point inside my area, I am much less likely to have this behavior happen than when I let AutoCAD define my boundary by hovering and simply right clicking. I thought that was pretty nice for it to be so intuitive when I first started using it, but with the problems, I don't do it anymore at all.

Distinguished Contributor
OwenWhitehouse
Message 5 of 5 (661 Views)

01-30-2013 11:40 AM in reply to: steve216586

Steve, that did the trick. I edited the block, deleted that hatch and replaced it using the 'Select objects' option. The boundary is a polyline, so that was easy. I have tested it quite a bit and it seems to be working as expected now. Good call! Many thanks.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube