AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

greg2
Message 11 of 14 (164 Views)

Re: Download trial?

05-15-2012 08:10 AM in reply to: pendean

I discovered that several previous versions of Autocad software can be downloaded at the student/teacher/Assistance Program web site (for which I qualify). I will take a look at the 2012 version, even though it might be an eggplant instead of an apple. :smileyhappy:

The hunt-and-peck uses are important, too. The results would just need to account for that.

I haven't kept a list of bugs, but off the top of my head: When I zoom way in with my middle mouse scroll wheel, the objects, polylines or solids in my case, do not draw in the correct locations. I have to draw a selection rectangle to select the object, and then I see the selection dotted line in a location other than where the object has been drawn. Also, I often go through a mode where approximately each zoom forward click from the mouse wheel alternates between showing the drawing and showing nothing. (Sometimes I can tell the drawing has been moved off of the screen...and then back on with another click forward.)

There's a lot of GUI design weaknesses, which I won't get into, except to say it appears that the GUI has grown out of an old school interface design with attention being paid to some things to make them modern, and without attention to others.

These problems stem from executive level decisions, not ones made at the developer or project level, and probably not even at the product level.

I'm a software developer and a software development manager, so it's easy for my to be critical. I probably appear more critical than I am. It's just a matter of choosing some business decisions over others, for which there are always tradeoffs.

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 12 of 14 (156 Views)

05-15-2012 09:22 AM in reply to: greg2

I'm a software developer and a software development manager and also qualified as a student.

Man, I wish I can be like that.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 13 of 14 (146 Views)

05-15-2012 03:47 PM in reply to: greg2

greg2 wrote:

I'm a software developer and a software development manager, .... It's just a matter of choosing some business decisions ....

This doesn't sound like proper use of student license.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
greg2
Message 14 of 14 (137 Views)

05-15-2012 08:01 PM in reply to: JDMather

Thank goodness I am not a student anymore--well, I am taking a pottery class. :smileyvery-happy:  I fulfill the requirements by being unemployed and having worked in the engineering industry.

But I'm trying; I even applied for a job at Autodesk last year! But hiring managers (at all companies) don't talk to people that have been unemployed for a long time due to illness. FYI, it's pretty hard to find the page that lists the eligibility requirements. (Their web site needs work, lol.)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube