AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

rkrao80
Message 1 of 3 (888 Views)

Dim overall scale

888 Views, 2 Replies
05-26-2011 03:53 AM

Can any one help me

How to change dimension overall scale for some of existing dimensions.

is there any direct command

I know the cammand DIMSCALE

but the change all the dimension in that dimension style

just i want to change only one are two existing dimensions

or any lisp programme

and also how to list out the value of dim overall scale value in lisp

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 3 (874 Views)

Re: Dim overall scale

05-26-2011 05:26 AM in reply to: rkrao80

use Match properties

Mentor
AlistairBean1906
Message 3 of 3 (867 Views)

Re: Dim overall scale

05-26-2011 06:19 AM in reply to: rkrao80

For starters, DIMSCALE is not a command, it is a variable, its value (as with all DIM variables) can be changed at the command line or better to use dimension styles. A style is a name used to identify a full set of dimension variables.

There are several ways that I would approach your problem:

1. If there all dimensions of one existing style that need this change, then edit the style.

2. If some of the dimensions of an existing style need this change then copy the style to a new one, edit the dimstyle and apply it to the required dims.

3. I numerous dims of various existing styles need this change then highlight each of the dims, open the properties pallette open the subsection called "fit" and edit to the required scale. This creates a Dimstyle Override for each of these dims

Don't use match properties unless you want to update all these dims (every DIM variable) to the same configuration

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.