AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Kaushikkumar.Bhayani
Message 1 of 4 (569 Views)

Data Extraction from multiple AutoCAD Drawings

569 Views, 3 Replies
01-14-2013 09:40 PM

Hi There,

I am working on Data compliation and trying to extract data from multiple AutoCAD drawings. The data extraction wizard works well and extracts all the data from the drawing. I wish to segregate the data and want some certain set of data e.g. in P&ID drawing, I need only instrument Tags which are connected to DCS and likewise...

Is there any way to filter such kind of data and get the required results?

You quick answer will highly be appreciated. Thanks!!

Mentor
Nik-D
Message 2 of 4 (557 Views)

Re: Data Extraction from multiple AutoCAD Drawings

01-15-2013 05:42 AM in reply to: Kaushikkumar.Bhayani

Not too sure if this will help or not

www.widom-assoc.com/AU-CP12-3L.pdf 

It may be possible to create a batch process to extract the data and save it where you want but I'm not 100% if this will work

Kaushikkumar.Bhayani
Message 3 of 4 (538 Views)

01-15-2013 09:17 PM in reply to: Nik-D

Thank you for your response. :smileyhappy:

It is indeed useful for editing the drawings. However, my task is bit different. I need to extract the data and complie it. So I wish to select some objects from AutoCAD drawing and to collect data from those objects only. I can do it manually for all the drawings, but its more time consuming and hence I need help to autmoate it for multiple drawings.

Mentor
Nik-D
Message 4 of 4 (530 Views)

01-16-2013 03:02 AM in reply to: Kaushikkumar.Bhayani

The only other thing i could find is this http://aucache.autodesk.com/au2008/sessions/3054/CP301-2L_Data-Extraction-API.pdf but its way beyond me.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube