AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
llettau
Message 1 of 2 (324 Views)

DB Connect

324 Views, 1 Replies
09-20-2011 02:35 PM

I use Microsoft Access to keep track of occupancy square footages and generate reports for my clients.  In AutoCAD, I use DB Connect to extract some of that data to create 'links' (labels) with square footage information on my floor plans.  I did not set this up and know very little about the process except how to get the results I need.  My problem is after 5 years of working on this, all of a sudden any new entries made in my Access database are not showing up in my DB Connect window in AutoCAD to allow me to place new labels.  I hope this is clear, I'm lacking the complete knowledge and vocabulary for this process. 

Any suggestions on why this would happen and how to fix?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 2 of 2 (313 Views)

Re: DB Connect

09-20-2011 04:32 PM in reply to: llettau

Provided you haven't upgraded AutoCAD, MS office or your workstation I would say either a windows update over writen a driver file or somehow a file got deleted.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube