Did you mean: 

Custom Scale Field Object

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
civman_daar
606 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Scale Field Object

ACAD 2012

I want to have a viewport scale displayed on my titleblock, that will update if the viewport scale changes.  I use a field, object, custom scale and it returns the scale with_XREF appended to it.  I have an xref in the drawing and I display it through the viewport.  Is there a workaround to get ONLY the scale of the viewport, not the XREF scale?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: civman_daar

I now when I make one of these and it asks me to select the object, i select the viewport and then assign the cusotm scale as the value I want to report. It returns just the scale os the viewport. Are you somehow selecting the XREF as the object to report the scale on?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 6
IanMcClain

I'm seeing the same thing in 2012. I have a viewport and text field refernceing it in one of my templates. It's worked for years without issue and now I see _XREF in the custom scale.

Ian McClain
Message 4 of 6
IanMcClain
in reply to: IanMcClain

I don't know what I did that worked, but if anyone else has this issue, try playing with the field: reselect the viewport object, change scales, create a new scale, delete scales.

The first thing I tried was reselecting the viewport object to no affect, but that was also the last thing I tried.

Ian McClain
Message 5 of 6
mjung

This appears to be a problem from a long time ago! And it doesn't appear to have a solid solution. Anyhow I'm experiencing this issue in 2023 and would like to bring this back to life. Maybe someone here might have a new perspective as to why the field is being appended with _XREF

Deleting the field and repicking object to create a new field does appear to work as Ian commented, but that kind of defeats to purpose of making something dynamic.

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 6 of 6
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: mjung

Hello @mjung 

Awesome! Thank you for uploading your screenshot.

Your participation in the forum is greatly appreciated but this is a 9 year old post. Although it may be fine to use as a reference, it's best to begin a new post stating your version of AutoCAD and a detailed description of your specific problem. Give your post a descriptive title and upload screenshots to illustrate your issue, it will make it easier for forum participants to analyze your situation and expedite a solution.

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost