Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Line by Bearing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dmille35
1497 Views, 5 Replies

Creating Line by Bearing

Is there a way to repeat creating a line by bearing without going to the ribbon and selecting every time you escape the command?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: dmille35

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> Is there a way to repeat creating a line [...] without going to the ribbon and selecting every time you escape the command?

When you finished a command you can:

• right-click your mouse ==> Repeat ... whatever your last command was
  • press <SPACE> to get the last command repeated
  • press cursor up on your keyboard to get the last input, then press <ENTER> when the command is selected you want to start
  • So that should be easy enough or am I missing anything?

E.g. what I may miss is the phrase "creating a line by bearing" in your question as I don't know an option (with plane AutoCAD) to create a line "by bearing". Is it possible that you are using Civil 3D? In that case you might look to the options the command from the menu uses and make a small lisp for that.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alfred NESWADBA
    Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (not an Autodesk consultant)
    Message 3 of 6
    parkr4st

Enter first point & enter  @distance<bearing angle for the next point in Map3D and Civil  i.e  @210.365<34d56'67"  or  @dist<angle i.e @345.23<90.00  in vanilla cad.  the angle can be decimal degrees, azimuth, dms, etc depending on what you are entering.  There also COGO option in Map3D

Dave

Message 4 of 6
    rkmcswain

In addition to the other replies here, this may also be helpful:
    http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/survey-data.php
    R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
    Message 5 of 6
    doni49
    in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> Is there a way to repeat creating a line [...] without going to the ribbon and selecting every time you escape the command?

When you finished a command you can:

• right-click your mouse ==> Repeat ... whatever your last command was
  • press <SPACE> to get the last command repeated
  • press cursor up on your keyboard to get the last input, then press <ENTER> when the command is selected you want to start
  • So that should be easy enough or am I missing anything?

E.g. what I may miss is the phrase "creating a line by bearing" in your question as I don't know an option (with plane AutoCAD) to create a line "by bearing". Is it possible that you are using Civil 3D? In that case you might look to the options the command from the menu uses and make a small lisp for that.

- alfred -

I think you're probably right Alfred -- most likely using C3D.  If that's the case, then when you're placing your line and you're prompted for a point, type 'BD-- take note of the apostrophe before the BD.  You can also do this when drawing a pline.

Don Ireland
    Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 6
    doni49
    in reply to: doni49

Also -- assuming you ARE in fact talking about C3D, there is a separate group specifically for C3D.  For any question that is specific to C3D, I'd suggest posting over there.  If a question about something that plain old Acad (aka Vanilla Acad) does, I'd post here in this forum.

C3D forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/bd-p/66

Don Ireland
    Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost