AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
FrostPoems
Message 1 of 3 (124 Views)

Correcting an error in the Ribbon

124 Views, 2 Replies
08-10-2011 08:40 AM

With a pre-selected line, if you want to change its lineweight via the Ribbon, you should be able to simply change it on the Ribbon, but it screws up, and passes the wrong kind of unit to the Lineweight command. I could easily fix this, but I don't see the linewieght command for that tab anywhere in the cui. Shouldn't it be under Properties in the cui? I clicked Ribbon/Home-2D/Home - Properties/Row2/Ribbon Combo Box - Lineweight. Then, under Properties, I see Display, Appearance, Access, Advanced, Display, and Images. No Command. Where should I look for the command that's messing up? I know what it's doing wrong because I can see the error at the command line.

Go Placidly Amid the Noise And Haste...
*Expert Elite*
azrdgldr
Message 2 of 3 (72 Views)

Re: Correcting an error in the Ribbon

08-11-2011 05:36 AM in reply to: FrostPoems

I looked at my Civil3D 2011 cui and it looks the same as the AutoCAD 2010 cui except for the key tip.  I looked through the Support directory and found an additional file in C3D named AclLineWeightEngine.dbx.  So I can say it's been fixed because it works in C3D.  I came across another post on another problem in Acad2011 and support stated they were aware of that problem and "advised" them to upgrade to a newer version of the software because they were not going to fix it or put out any more updates for 2011.  So you can figure for yourself where 2010 falls in the scope of priorities.  It may apply to you case or not but thought you should know.

Contributor
FrostPoems
Message 3 of 3 (69 Views)

Re: Correcting an error in the Ribbon

08-11-2011 06:51 AM in reply to: azrdgldr

"Advised" to upgrade, eh? Hey, I gotta great way to generate new sales! With every new release, screw something up, then tell customers they need to upgrade to the NEXT latest version.

(Thursday is Cynicism Day for me - Monday is 'I HATE Mondays day, Wednesday is Hump Day, and Friday is Thank God it's Friday day)

Go Placidly Amid the Noise And Haste...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube