AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

jr.chhor
Message 11 of 20 (835 Views)

Re: Content explorer

04-15-2011 02:03 AM in reply to: jr.chhor

Hi Graig,

Thanks for the solution.

I deleted the files and folders in c:\programdata\Autodesk\Content Service\Service and now it's working.

Now I've one more question, why I can't see and use Autodesk Seek in Content Explorer from AutoCAD 2012 French ?

I've install something else ?

JR

Employee
Craig.Godfrey
Message 12 of 20 (825 Views)

04-15-2011 06:38 AM in reply to: jr.chhor

JR,

The behavior you are seeing is as designed. If you install a non-English version of AutoCAD the Seek provider is not available. This is because the Autodesk Seek site (and content) is not translated to languages other than English. I am interested to hear your opinion on whether it should be included even though the content itself may not be the correct language or units of measure. Would you still find that provider useful in Content Explorer?

Craig S. Godfrey
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

jr.chhor
Message 13 of 20 (819 Views)

04-15-2011 07:55 AM in reply to: jr.chhor

Hi Graig,

Thanks for this explanation. I understand better now.

But it's very pity that French users can't access to the shared drawings or bib symbols.

Autodesk SEEK don't need to be translate. We can use the bib symbols by changing scale et unit before to use the bib symbols.

JR 

Employee
Craig.Godfrey
Message 14 of 20 (817 Views)

04-15-2011 08:00 AM in reply to: jr.chhor

Thanks for the feedback JR I will take your comments back to the team for consideration.

Craig S. Godfrey
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Distinguished Contributor
Exmateria
Message 15 of 20 (812 Views)

04-15-2011 08:20 AM in reply to: Craig.Godfrey

I second what said jr.chhor, even if this content was not used, why remove it from the software? BTW, some people use a french AutoCAD to produce english drawings, this is not uncommon in our globalized world... and this restriction based on the software language seems to me unfounded.

Active Contributor
zlotinas
Message 16 of 20 (789 Views)

04-19-2011 01:00 AM in reply to: Craig.Godfrey

Hello, Craig.

I've got the same problem, but none of your solutions can fix it. 

Home folder in Autodesk Content Explorer is empty:

2011-04-19_080020.jpg

Detail window says:

2011-04-19_104250.jpg

There is no Server folder in "C:\programdata\Autodesk\Content Service\".

As for Autodesk Content Service, even though ACE Configure Settings (above) says it's installed and running, Windows XP administrative tools indicates it **** stopped, (startup type - automatic). When trying to start it - another error message says: "The Autodesk Content Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped."

2011-04-19_105342.jpg 

(please find attached bigger image).

PC: Windwos XP, SP3, IE8.

Content Service HotFix1 applied. 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you.

Employee
Craig.Godfrey
Message 17 of 20 (775 Views)

04-19-2011 06:46 AM in reply to: jr.chhor

The location of the index is different for Windows XP and Server 2003. You can find it here:

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Content Service". Delete the "Server" folder and then restart the service. Hopefully this resolves your issue.

Craig S. Godfrey
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Active Contributor
zlotinas
Message 18 of 20 (764 Views)

04-19-2011 11:06 PM in reply to: Craig.Godfrey

I've deleted "Server" folder, but it didn't help. So I restart Autodesk Content Service manually (while it's set to Automatic it didn't start) and AutoCAD.
So now it seems to work, but Home folder with all watched local folders gone and I there is no option to add it.
What I see now is only my PC network name listed as network content source. Configure settings window has no "add folder" button as well as no "home" directory. 
To compare - my settings window vs Help settings window:

2011-04-20_085728.jpg

Administrative Console has no 'locals' as well:

2011-04-20_085430.jpg

Employee
Craig.Godfrey
Message 19 of 20 (749 Views)

04-20-2011 06:49 AM in reply to: zlotinas

Looking at the images you provided it seems like the machine "Paulius2" has the Public version of the service installed. You can tell by the icon which shows a network icon instead of a home icon. Did you uninstall the Content Service and then use the AutoCAD installer (tools & utilities) to re-install the service?

When you reinstall the Service there are two options. Public which is to be installed on network machines that share content with many users. Watch folders for a public install need to be set as windows shares and that is why you are not seeing the file system when you try to add a watch folder. Personal is the version that is installed by default when AutoCAD is installed. This is the version you need to install so that you can index and search the files on your machine.

Uninstall the Content Service (you don't need to uninstall ACAD), start the  ACAD installer, go to Tools & Utilities, Select the Content Service, expand the drop down and choose the Personal option. After that you should be able to select your watch folders and be up and running.

Craig S. Godfrey
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Valued Contributor
Dave_S
Message 20 of 20 (283 Views)

11-08-2012 01:54 PM in reply to: Craig.Godfrey

Hi Craig,

This thread helped me resolve most of the issues with Content Manager, however I cannot access content within the drawings themselves, including the sample ones. When I right click on a drawing icon and select properties I get the following:

IndexStatusError Toxic

IndexStatus Complete

All the drawing icons have an exclamation mark over them.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube