AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
mcicognani
Message 1 of 2 (170 Views)
Accepted Solution

Content Service on a server: how to change indexes location?

170 Views, 1 Replies
05-18-2011 01:21 AM

We have installed Content Service on our main file server with thousands of files.

Is it possible to change the default indexes location? By default, indexes are created on the system volume, 'All users' folder.

I searched the registry but couldn'y find any useful key. The location seems hardwired in the application.

I don't like very much having such strong activity on the boot volume, not to speak of the volume space usage...

Also, the indexing is quite slow and the machine has processors to spare. Content service seems to use just one thread... is possible to adjust its service priority to speed things up?

Max

Employee
Craig.Godfrey
Message 2 of 2 (156 Views)

Re: Content Service on a server: how to change indexes location?

05-18-2011 10:18 AM in reply to: mcicognani

Max,

We currently do not allow you to choose a loction for the index and as you mentioned it is hard coded. We have recieved requests to allow users to choose the index location as well as move an existing index to a new location. As you mention the Service only uses one thread and there is currently no setting to change that behavior. Also, changing the service priority will not speed up the indexing process. I will pass your enhancement requests along to the team.

Craig S. Godfrey
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.