Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
davecollingwood
276 Views, 1 Reply

Constraint issue

Have had a quick search for the solution to this, but so far no joy.

I'm using AutoCAD 2011 to create a library of components for my company, which includes thousands of different sized doors and covers for electrical panels.

An option I'd like to include is a basic template block which uses a block-table (or lookup) to quickly choose the width and height required for an assembly. I know how to assign parameters, and have a working dynamic block which resizes as I'd expect.

The problem is that there are several other items in the block which need to move relatively to the overall size - for example, there is an inner polyline which is always 6mm from the outside edge, regardless of overall size. Maintaining the 6mm gap is not a problem using horizontal / vertical constraints, but when I choose a lower width or height from the block table, 2 of the edges are offset to the OUTSIDE of the main door, still by 6mm. (I have locked the lower left corner of both the outside edge and offset polyline to a particular position). So, how can I set up a constraint to say "this line must always be to a set side of this other line"? Is there a way to set it up to always be offset in a particaluar direction? Maybe I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks in advance!

Some of my greatest heroes wore eye-patches, there was Kirk Douglas... me on a Friday night... did I mention Kirk Douglas?

www.davecollingwood.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hmm, seem to have solved it by using a block table rather than lookup - trying to run before I can walk I think!

Some of my greatest heroes wore eye-patches, there was Kirk Douglas... me on a Friday night... did I mention Kirk Douglas?

www.davecollingwood.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost