AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Mentor
bvanallen
Message 21 of 27 (276 Views)

Re: Commands not working

02-07-2012 09:37 AM in reply to: bvanallen

Luciane,

Yes, I'm using an Aero theme, but that's minor any ways since disabling the desktop composition also seems to disable other, more important, features. Looking back at this though, I'm now betting the model/layout tabs & close buttons disappearing are caused by the same problem. Hopefully we can find the cause & fix both at the same time.

FYI, I checked to make sure my video card; Nvidia Quadro 2000 driver is up to date. So are my Win 7 x64 updates & my plug n play monitor drivers.

Product Support
luconceicao
Message 22 of 27 (266 Views)

02-09-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: bvanallen

Hi,

At this point I will report this issue to our developers, hopefully they will find a solution or workaround.

Thanks for letting us know and for your patience on this matter.

Regards,

Luciane

Product Support
luconceicao
Message 23 of 27 (255 Views)

02-16-2012 07:22 AM in reply to: bvanallen

Hi,

Our developers were able to reproduce the issue and are working on it - however I can't tell when this will be addressed.

On a second note, our developers would like to know if you also would like to report the second issue where you mentioned:

"...was getting a bunch of other things that weren't acting right. Most notible was that my monitor screens didn't seem to be refreshing the display that various programs were changing (Autocad, Revit, Google Earth, Thumbnail images, and Aero mouse pointer reverted back to a basic pointer, to name a few). One example is; I minimized all drawings in Autocad but the screen was still black and did not show the "Autodesk" logo on the right."

They ask:

Could you please attach an image to show it?
Could you please write down steps and result to explain more on it?

I think they want to test and try to reproduce this second issue as well.

It is entirely up to you if you are interested in going ahead and reporting this second part of the issue.

Thanks,

Luciane

Mentor
bvanallen
Message 24 of 27 (251 Views)

02-16-2012 09:35 AM in reply to: luconceicao

Luciane,

I would like to. It will be a while before I can though, as I now have a couple of short-fuse Revit projects to crank out and have yet to finish teaching myself how to use it. I'll post what I can when I get a chance though.

Product Support
luconceicao
Message 25 of 27 (243 Views)

02-17-2012 05:31 AM in reply to: bvanallen

OK :smileyhappy:

Mentor
bvanallen
Message 26 of 27 (188 Views)

08-09-2012 08:35 AM in reply to: bvanallen

Luciane,

Sorry for the long delay, you know when it rains it pours and I got bogged down with a bunch more cad projects on top of my revit. I still have the revit problems but at least now I'm able to come up for some air. I've also receive your private message, and yes I am still getting the same close button & model tab problems as before.

Regarding having temporarily turned of the desktop composition; since it messed up so many other programs outside Autodesk's control, I don't think trying to get Autocad to work with it off would be productive. Since we'd have to leave this Windows default setting on for the other programs to work too, I'm going to decline reporting it as an issue that needs fixing. I believe it would be better to just try and get the close button & model tab working instead.

Product Support
luconceicao
Message 27 of 27 (183 Views)

08-09-2012 08:46 AM in reply to: bvanallen

Thanks for the update.

More projects are always good :smileyhappy:

I have reported the issue related to the close button to our developers.

I cannot say when it will be addressed, this is a decision that comes from our development team.

Cheers,

Luciane

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube