Did you mean: 

Command Line Problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
356 Views, 6 Replies

Command Line Problem

Hi Gang,

I'm using ACAD 2010 and I'm having an issue with my keyboard shortcuts. If I type a keyboard shortcut, then right click to confirm very quickly (I've been doing this for years), it will initiate the command, but it will type the command again, resulting in an inability to perform the command. For example, I'll type "M" for move, quickly right click, and the move command will initiate, but the letter "M" will appear on my command line. Having text on the command line prevents left clicking to choose a base point for the move, until I hit backspace to clear the field.

This usually happens after working for about an hour or so. If I restart my computer, I don't have the issue for a short while, but it comes right back. This is a new development as of last week.

This sounds like a minor issue, but it seriously interrupts my workflow. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

-Greg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Since you are already typing... Tap the spacebar for <enter> with that same hand and see if the problem goes away.

In general what you are describing is a failed activation of the command, that's why the letter is stuck.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Since you are already typing... Tap the spacebar for <enter> with that same hand and see if the problem goes away.

In general what you are describing is a failed activation of the command, that's why the letter is stuck.

Thanks for your quick reply! It seems as though that works, but only because it's a fraction of a second slower than M+Right Click. If I make an effort to speed it up, the same issue happens. That being said, I could get used to the spacebar for <enter> method to eliminate the issue.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

There is historical data showing mouse right-clicks always going weird regardless of AutoCAD versions. No real fix, just the occasional workaround that just punts the problem down to the next occurrence or trigger.

I've used the spacebar since 1989 and I doubt you draft faster and more accurately than I do 🙂
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
There is historical data showing mouse right-clicks always going weird regardless of AutoCAD versions. No real fix, just the occasional workaround that just punts the problem down to the next occurrence or trigger.

I've used the spacebar since 1989 and I doubt you draft faster and more accurately than I do 🙂

I'd wager that you're correct on that one, since I was BORN in 1989! 😉

Thanks for your help. I can get used to the spacebar change.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Does anybody else have any experience with this? The fact that it's a recent development tells me it's just a glitch that can hopfully be dealt with. It's really frustrating.

Thanks!

-Greg

Message 7 of 7
dmfrazier

"This usually happens after working for about an hour or so. If I restart my computer, I don't have the issue for a short while, but it comes right back. This is a new development as of last week."

If this is true (no offense intended), then your task is to determine what might have changed "last week".  There are many possibilities here, including new software, updates, new hardware, etc.  Perhaps you (or your IT staff) could take a look at your running processes (Task Manager) and see if there's anything new there, or if something is being a particular memory hog.  If you can work on identifying possible culprits, someone here might be able to help you resolve this in a way that doesn't require you to change your habits.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost