Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Width while keeping the height?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4764 Views, 6 Replies

Changing Width while keeping the height?

Hi All,

I am drawing an icon holder for a church. However, I got this problem, where I need to change the width of a piece but keep the height. So scaling wouldn't work as scaling would change both the width and height.

I can't use trim and cut from the middle as there is a block in the middle of it. and if I do that it will cut the block in all location.

I am not sure if there such an option in AutoCAD. If someone knows of a way, your help is really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

If you turn it into a block, you can scale X, Y & Z independently.  Depending on your needs, you can either leave it a block, or explode after you have scaled as needed.

If you have trouble, attach the drawing/part.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

That worked. Thank you very much for your help. 🙂

I totally forgot about that option. 

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Yes, but how do you do that?

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, but how do you do that?

Do what?  [It's always a good idea to QUOTE the portion of a Message you're replying to.]

If you mean the achieving of scaling in one direction, use the BLOCK command to define it into a Block, choose an insertion base point in the middle of its width, make sure it is not  set for "Scale uniformly," and make sure it is  set to "Convert to block" in the process.  Then in Properties, increase the X scale factor of that Block to make it wider but not taller.

BUT, you said there's a Block in the middle of it that shouldn't be affected.  That means the above approach isn't what you want.  Can you open it in BEDIT or REFEDIT and STRETCH the sides of it outward to make it wider?

Or do you mean how do you attach the drawing?  That's the "Attachments" thingie below with the Browse...  button.  You must be in the website, not Replying on a smart-phone or something, to be able to do that.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 7
aakibmohamed2542

hello this is aakib

i also this trouble coming so i need your help 

Message 7 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: aakibmohamed2542

Help?

Read THE WHOLE thread "again",

and say what part you don't understand.

Command Block:  Problems with that part?

Change X or Y ScaleFactor of your Blockreference, by Property Palette[CTRL+1]

Problems with that part?

Command Explode:

Problems with that part? What is Acads message?

- Sebastian -

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost