Did you mean: 

Change fonts in Customs line type

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
10718 Views, 6 Replies

Change fonts in Customs line type

Hi,

I have custome line type with texts (ex : ---HW-- ) . In my definition, I have a specific text styles "LINETYPES" linked to it.

*HOT_WATER_SUPPLY,Hot water supply ---- HW ---- HW ---- HW ----
A,.5,-.2,["HW",LINETYPES,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.2

I draw, and after, I would like to know, how to change the fonts in my custom line types  (for exameple --HW--) from ARIAL to TAHOMA.

If I change my Text syles and reload mu custom linetype it doesn't change the text fonts.

If I try a rg, doesn't change either.

Have you got any idea?

Fred

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Reloading the Linetype after making the change in font should do it.

You will need to do this to each drawing individually that you used the Linetype in.

Message 3 of 7
Jay_B

If you change the font for the text style definition LINETYPES it should work. I created a Tahoma style & replaced linetypes with tahoma and the linetype font changed to tahoma. Allso switched to Standard font style which is set to simplex and it changed. Once the .lin fiie is saved it will need to be reloaded via the linetype command as Charles mentioned.

Also there's something not quite right in the definition of the linetype as there's a shift in the text vs. the lt gap.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks.

The bad point is :in my case, it doesn't work.

"there's something not quite right in the definition of the linetype as there's a shift in the text vs. the lt gap." -> Sorry, I don't undersant the meaning of this sentence.

I have two options :

- an hidden variable which affects the reload of my linetype

- a bad definition of my line type.

Frédéric

Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade

Does the Linetype work as expected prior to changing the Font?

If so then just changing the Textstyle should have no affect other than the Font used in the Linetype.

That being said I believe that the "gap" is based on the Font therefore that may change when a different Font is used.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Post a sample DWG file, confirm it still have the problem, put notes inside the file on how we can replicate your issue. Nothing like a real world test to confirm a problem.

Oh, and unless I missed it, what's your AutoCAD version?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your answer.

I'll do it Monday.

Autocad Civil 3d 2011 (French version)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost