Change default units

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ctnycc
1554 Views, 2 Replies

Change default units

Good day,

I have a query on the units for Autocad,  everytime i start Autocad up it defaults to inches, i have to change the units manually to mm using insunits.  is there a way to set this that i don't have to keep doing this?

Any help on this appreciated.

Regards

Colin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ctnycc

Hi,

that depends on what template your AutoCAD starts with. If you want to have your own settings then create a new drawing, do the changes you like to have as default, run _SAVEAS and chose "AutoCAD template (DWT)" as saveformat. That was the first step to provide a new empty drawing (you can place titleblocks, your default layers, dimstyles, ... all into it that should be default).

Next step is to tell AutoCAD that it should use this template file whenever you start AutoCAD or whenever you start a new drawing with command _QNEW. Therefor you have to run command _OPTIONS ==> tab "Files" ==> (down the tree) "Template Settings" ==> "Default Template File Name for QNEW" ==> and within this item set the file to the one you just created in the first step.

More to read: >>>click<<<

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
ctnycc
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks

i was having a mental block!

Regards

Colin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost