Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain colors plotting

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
295 Views, 6 Replies

Certain colors plotting

I have a question I have a logo that we use the color 5 Blue in when we print to the copier it prints exactly, but when we plot the same drawing to the plotter the the color looks like a purple shade instead of a Royal Blue. Does anyone know why?????

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it just the logo the prints the wrong shade, or does everything "blue" in the drawing print "purple"?  What happens if you send a "blue" swatch from Microsoft Paint to the plotter... is it blue, or purple?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

it's actually the logo, border anything we use that color for blue, 5 when we plot to the 1050c plotter.  When we print to the Canon color copier the color is correct.  Is it a setting in autocad or is it something that just happens with the plotters.

Message 4 of 7
dtucker

Most printers print shades a little differently.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dtucker

I kinda thought that may be the case, and I tried to explain that to one of my Co-workers, but he's a hardheaded and always thinks he's right
Message 6 of 7
nestly2

There's also plenty of blue in the Windows "Print Test Page" if you want to verify what shade of "blue" that plotter prints.

Message 7 of 7
GrantsPirate

I had a similar problem when I had the 1050C. I think I went into the .pc3 file, custom properties, Color tab, and under Color Management I picked either application managed colors or Printer managed colors. Try the opposite of what is selected for starters. It has been a long time so YMMV.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost