AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Message 1 of 4 (202 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot select ANY EXISTING objects in a drawing

202 Views, 3 Replies
01-30-2014 11:49 AM

HELP! I was working on a drawing and inadvertently clicked on "nothing" (background). Now, NONE of the objects that are currently in that drawing are selectable, no matter what I try. None of the layers are locked or frozen, and shutting down/restarting Autocad doesn't do anything. Other drawings work just fine. ????? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 4 (198 Views)

Re: Cannot select ANY EXISTING objects in a drawing

01-30-2014 12:00 PM in reply to: stombaug

Hold down the Ctrl key and then key A

Will anything highlighted?

*Expert Elite*
Kent1Cooper
Message 3 of 4 (191 Views)

01-30-2014 12:10 PM in reply to: stombaug

A Paper-space/Model-space issue, perhaps?  If you're in Paper space, you can't select things that appear there in Viewports that are looking into Model space, unless you double-click in the Viewport to make it active and "move into" Model space.  Double-clicking in nowhere's-ville outside any Viewport will put you in Paper space where you would have that condition.

Kent Cooper
Message 4 of 4 (153 Views)

01-31-2014 03:25 AM in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Yep! That was it... what a newbie/rookie/idiot error. I've never worked with a drawing that can be switch from model space to paper space. The model space takes up the entire non-border portion of the layout, so I just clicked on the border and viola! back to work!.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube