AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Product Support
Shawn_Niles
Message 1 of 3 (2,583 Views)

Cannot find the specified drawing file

2583 Views, 2 Replies
07-27-2010 01:16 PM

When I try and open a file from the network that another user already has open, I receive the following message:

"Cannot find the specified drawing file. Please verify that the network drive is available and the file exists".

This happens when using Novell Netware. Is there a resolution?

Shawn Niles
Product Support
Shawn_Niles
Message 2 of 3 (2,582 Views)

Re: Cannot find the specified drawing file

07-27-2010 01:18 PM in reply to: Shawn_Niles

It has been reported that the following will resolve this:

In the Novell Client Properties, Set 'File Caching' and 'File Commit' to ON. You should then be able to open the files.

Shawn Niles
wadminv-andera
Message 3 of 3 (869 Views)

Re: Cannot find the specified drawing file

06-18-2012 09:56 AM in reply to: Shawn_Niles

I am receiving this error whether I am attempting to view a drawing file via the network, via a lotus notes database, or loaded locally.:

"Cannot find the specified drawing file.  Please verify that the file exist"

The Autodesk product I am using is Autodesk 2012 LT (trial)

The operating system is Widows 7 (64 bit)

I have had the same error for multiple Autodesk readers aswell on this same PC including:

Design Review 2013, 2012, 2011

True view 2013, 2012

I have administrative rights to the profile in question and I have also attempted to use a separate profile but received the same results. All attempts to manually set the file association have liekwise failed.  the program will initialize, but the error message returns with no ability to veiw the drawing file(s).

I have also removed/uninstalled all of the above mentioned programs via Autodesk instructions/procedures for proper removal of folders/subfolders/registry entries (HKey local machine and current user) as well as stoping any autodesk program running in task manager.

My next step is to re-image the machine to make the file association stick to an autocad program. 

Please help.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.