AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

stephaniemurfin
Message 1 of 5 (232 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't Put Spaces After Numbers in MTEXT & Punctuation Types Behind Number

232 Views, 4 Replies
04-30-2012 02:26 PM

I have been trying for an hour to fix this, and I haven't a clue what is causing it. I've never had this problem before.

For notes and text in my drawings, I always explode a dimension, steal the text, and delete the rest. Then I type whatever I want, move it around, whatever, never had a problem.

Today, I want to type "1.0 ..... Plan".

For some reason, when i hit the spacebar after "1.0", the space gets put behind the number, and when i type "." it appears BEHIND the numbers "1.0". Now, if I type letters instead of ".", it goes in front of the "1.0" but with no space. If I type "1.0" SPACE "hello" it appears as "1.0hello", no space.

If I type what i want in another drawing, it works fine, but as soon as I paste it in the drawing I want it in, the periods jump behind the numbers. What is going on????

Please let me know if my description is too confusing.

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 2 of 5 (231 Views)

Re: Can't Put Spaces After Numbers in MTEXT & Punctuation Types Behind Numbe

04-30-2012 02:32 PM in reply to: stephaniemurfin

Probably has to do with Bullets and Lists, right click and turn that off.  And please, just use mtext command, why go through all that with a dimension.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
stephaniemurfin
Message 3 of 5 (227 Views)

04-30-2012 02:37 PM in reply to: GrantsPirate

The dimesnions and deleting thing I was taught, I'm not really sure why I still do it to be honest! habbit I suppose.

Unfortunately, turning off lists and bullets did absolutely nothing.... any other thoughts?

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 4 of 5 (211 Views)

04-30-2012 07:57 PM in reply to: stephaniemurfin

You will need to post a drawing with that behavior, not the whole drawing just the text that does that in a drawing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
stephaniemurfin
Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)

05-02-2012 01:26 PM in reply to: stephaniemurfin

I figured it out- it was the font I was using. Apparently it's a Hebrew font and therefore writes from right to left. When I change the font, the problem goes away. Thanks for your suggestions.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube