Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody figure this one out?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
morganism3
557 Views, 6 Replies

Can anybody figure this one out?

Please see the attached file. When you flip through the visibility states, you'll see that "top/bottom north/south" has too many objects showing. "R/L Up/down" has no solid hatch. BUT, when you go into these states on block editor, you don't see this problem. So I have no idea how to fix what I can't see.

I can give more details on how I created it, if no one's able to spot what's causing this.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: morganism3

@morganism3 wrote:

.... So I have no idea how to fix what I can't see.

Inside the Block Editor, there is a button on the Visibility panel named "Visibility Mode".  Toggle it and it will display all the objects regardless of their visibility states.  I don't know what caused the problem with the block, but I was able to repair it by toggling the objects in the two problem visibility states OFF, then back ON again.

Also, there is a forum dedicated to Dynamic Blocks forum. which is were you should post Dynamic Block specific questions in the future.  🙂

Message 3 of 7
morganism3

Will do.

Let me make sure I understand you:

Visibility mode button on my AutoCAD allows only two options: turning on all visibility states or just the current one. So I'm guessing you're saying that you went to one of the visibility states that doesn't have a problem, and used visibility mode to turn on all the states, then turn them back off again? Or else you went to one of the problem visibility states and turned all states on and back off again? Because I tried it both ways and neither effected a change to the problem.

Thanks for your patience, this is a problem I've never run into before.

Message 4 of 7
morganism3

I mean, affected a change. Excuse the typo.

Message 5 of 7
morganism3

No, wait, I had it correct the first time. Is there a way to delete a comment in these posts?

Message 6 of 7
dmfrazier

Yes, you did have it right the first time. Smiley Wink

And, yes, there is a way to delete, using the "Options" menu at the right of the message, but you have to do it before someone replies. (Sorry.)

Message 7 of 7
nestly2

morganism3 wrote:

...Visibility mode button on my AutoCAD allows only two options: turning on all visibility states or just the current one. So I'm guessing you're saying that you went to one of the visibility states that doesn't have a problem, and used visibility mode to turn on all the states, then turn them back off again? Or else you went to one of the problem visibility states and turned all states on and back off again? Because I tried it both ways and neither effected a change to the problem.

For some reason, the problem hatch does not show up in the individual visibility states, but it does if you use the visibility states button to display all the visibility states.  Once you can see the problem object(s), then you can re-assign them.

demo  -->  http://www.screencast.com/t/yEJfA0g0vQO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost