AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

alexlazowick
Message 1 of 2 (468 Views)
Accepted Solution

Calculating Areas From Exploded Cross Section

468 Views, 1 Replies
01-21-2013 08:56 AM

I received a cross section file that was created in Micro Station and need to calculate the cut and fill of the project. There is no way to get the 3D files the cross sections were created from. Everything in the file is exploded and flat.

I was going to hatch under and above the existing grade to find the cut and fill and then thought about the scale of the cross sections. In model space the cross sections are 1=1 H and 1=10 V. When I do a hatch and get the area it is giving it to me way high. If I just divide by 10 I don't think that is right either since the hatch areas are very irregular.

My thoughts on how to solve.

Scale the cross section vertical down by 10 and don't change it horizontally. I don't know if this is possible.

Somehow set the horizontal and vertical scale and hatch above and under to get the areas. I don't know if this is possible either.

Please help.

*Expert Elite*
hmsilva
Message 2 of 2 (460 Views)

Re: Calculating Areas From Exploded Cross Section

01-21-2013 09:03 AM in reply to: alexlazowick

one way is
command block and after being one block modify the y scale to 0.1, then explode

Henrique

EDITED

alexlazowick wrote:
... If I just divide by 10 I don't think that is right either since the hatch areas are very irregular...

As it is scaled vertically 10x, if we divide the area by 10 the result is correct.

Henrique

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube