Did you mean: 

CHange SCRATCH DISK

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
9441 Views, 6 Replies

CHange SCRATCH DISK

Hello, I have been using AutoCAD 2012 for a while, and up until now, everything worked like a charm, but as the time passes, requirements are growing, and so thus I came to the problem ...

no more space on scratch disk

I am using Windows 7 - 64 bit and when I run AutoCAD, and try to open the file I have to work on, it freezes when opening on 93% (and space on C:/ gets to about 100 MB or less), and after few hours stil the same, so, as it is possible in Photoshop to change ALL working space to be using D:/ drive (over 70 GB free) instead of the space on C:/ ...

How to make it so in AutoCAD ???

Thank You

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

>> How to make it so in AutoCAD ???

You can start command _OPTIONS, go to tab "Files" and set the folders currently using the users-temp directories to a folder on drive 😧

You might also set the users temp folder for the operating system to 😧 ... and you can set the page-file and the file used for sleeping mode to the alternative drive.

BUT that helps just for a few days or maybe weeks ... it's not the way you should continue to work having just 100MB on your system drive!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

will try that now, already know that, and I have moved most of the files to D:, since now I have about 5 GB free on C when not running AutoCAD.
Please, can You tel me how to (i forgot)
"You might also set the users temp folder for the operating system to 😧 ... and you can set the page-file and the file used for sleeping mode to the alternative drive." in Win7 ?

Thank You
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

did al that in options, doub;le checked, but no use, smaller files opens as before, but now i have about 800 MB left, and stil no way to open other files

(but Adobe Photoshop CD4 still works like a charm, and there is functional option "hich hard drive to use for scratch files")
Message 5 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

sorry, I have no english operating system, so it's quite hard to describe it without knowing the exact words.

But there is something called google that points me to:

>>>modify position of temp folder<<<

>>>modify position of pagefile<<<

>>>modify position of hibernation file<<<

I have not checked now if every of the above sites have a solution, but I guess it's easy to find now 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thank You wery wery much, I remembered how to move, the idea was with Windows and User temporery dirs

moved them to 😧 and now again works like a charm (as it seemes), until reinstall of OS and new partitions.

THX

Message 7 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

first you had 5GB free, a few minutes later only 800MB, I guess you have something like a harddisk-eater in your environment.

Check the processes which one created 4.2GB data within a few minutes!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost