Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button Images on Custom Toolbar do not display

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jrollintaylor
2022 Views, 4 Replies

Button Images on Custom Toolbar do not display

I have literally racked my brain on this. I've read every blog on the web and can't figure it out.

I have a custom toolbar that I've used for years in an olderversion of CAD. Now I'm in 2012 and loaded my custom toolbar in from my previous CUI. Naturally it dropped in all question marks even though I have all paths in the support file added. I even copied all my bitmaps to autodesk's default bitmap location. Neither work. 

So after that I went into the CUI and manually selected the bitmap image for "small image" and "large image". It shows in the CUI now, but no luck on the main board. (also, not that this matters, must be a glitch but it won't even show in the CUI until i manually select another bitmap and reselect my origional desired image)

So then I tried taking the whole path and copying it into the CUI manually but it goes right back to defaulting to (MYIMAGENAME.BMP) without keeping the extension. My other custom toolbars loaded with all the pictures but this one just refuses to cooperate.

HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I found a work around for the mean time. If I'm in the CUI and select the image button modify it and save it. It will overwrite (i'm assuming the origional file) and work correctly. I don't know why the origional wasn't good enough for 2012 but maybe it has something to do with image size? I don't know.

Message 3 of 5
bgingerich
in reply to: Jrollintaylor

From 2012 Help

Prior to AutoCAD 2012, custom images used for commands in a customization file were stored on a local or network drive as separate BMP files or in a resource DLL. Resource DLLs are still maintained externally to customization files but starting with AutoCAD 2012, BMP files used by custom commands defined in a customization file are stored in the customization file.

To import your pictures into the CUI, click the Image Manager button in the upper-right corner of the upper-left panel of the CUI.  Then it should be pretty straightforward to import your custom images.  Remember, they have to be bitmaps (if they aren't already.)

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 4 of 5
smiles2232
in reply to: Jrollintaylor

I am having the same problem, i was using 2015 and now i updated to 2019 but i cant see the pic of my custom buttons...

Where you able to get it fixed?

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: smiles2232

Reselect it and reload it from inside CUI command in 2019 after you place those images folder in 2019's search path under OPTIONS command's FILES tab.

99.9% of the time Custom icons are gone/appear as clouds because your newer program cannot find them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost