AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

thevaz2108
Message 1 of 3 (361 Views)

Building a ramp in 3d

361 Views, 2 Replies
02-13-2013 10:12 AM

Hi

I am trying to bild a ramp in 3d but i've been trying with no success, the ramp have a non common shape. pls look at the acad file to take a loot at the shape.

I need to have the top part at 5531mm and the bottom part at 0 and there is another part which is at 5035mm you can see that in the drrong and the ramp must 100mm thick or something similar. also i need to do it as a solid becouse i need to export it on a different software which only ecrpts solids.

pls help

Thanks

Distinguished Contributor
Peac3
Message 2 of 3 (345 Views)

Re: Building a ramp in 3d

02-13-2013 12:44 PM in reply to: thevaz2108

MAYBE you can use 3DPOLY, i didn't had any success yet because i don't have time to do some tests but it's possible to extrude something on a 3dpoly and not only on a plane but it can be twisted in space like an Helix

I would be glad to know how to do that too.

Distinguished Contributor
Peac3
Message 3 of 3 (337 Views)

Re: Building a ramp in 3d

02-13-2013 01:21 PM in reply to: Peac3

I tried with 3DPOLY you can work out something out of it and using the UCS carefully to be align on the right plane before extruding.

Look at this rev 1, i did a curved slope with a very rough 3DPOLY but with time you can draw it with more vertex and do something really precise. Just have to move the 3DPOLY vertex on the Z axis to create the slope, more vertex, more details in the curve.

For the final part, the shape is kind of strange, maybe you can do it larger then substract peaces out of it to shape it like you want!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube