Block reference issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rajeshpatnaik2001
464 Views, 4 Replies

Block reference issue

Hi

I have a strange problem. In my drawing there are 2 references of the same block. This block has 3 attributes.
When I run ATTEDIT, one block reference shows all the 3 attributes to edit whereas the other block reference shows only one attribute to edit. Why is the second block reference shows only one attribute to edit?

Test.jpg

I have attached the test drawing herewith.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, ATTSYNC brings back the attributes in the attribute editor.
But how was it possible to make 2 attributes not showing in attribute editor?
I was trying to use entnext to grab the ATTRIBs in the block reference using a lisp code and i was getting only one ATTRIB and after that SEQEND.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5

rajeshpatnaik2001 wrote:

But how was it possible to make 2 attributes not showing in attribute editor?

It's not possible AFAIK.

But what is possible is for the block definition to be edited to include more or less attributes.
Only future insertions of the block will include the new attributes (or less of them if deleted).
Existing insertions will continue to have as many attributes as they did at the time they were inserted.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 5

@rkmcswain wrote:

But what is possible is for the block definition to be edited to include more or less attributes.
Only future insertions of the block will include the new attributes (or less of them if deleted).
Existing insertions will continue to have as many attributes as they did at the time they were inserted.

Thanks for your reply, I got my answer. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost