Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block editor changes scale

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
x2saheat
3247 Views, 15 Replies

Block editor changes scale

I searched the forums but didn't find anything on this problem. 

Here is the problem.  When you enter model space through the maximized viewport the block editor will change your annotation to 1:1.

For example: If I am working through the maximized viewport and edit a block. When I close the block editor, If there is more than one viewport I am brought back to the drawing through the next viewport, not the one I was working in. Then I have to go to the correct viewport, once there the annotation through the maximized viewport is 1:1.  Paper space still tells you your scale is the same. To correct this you have to go to paper space, unlock your viewport, pick any other scale, go back to the scale you want, then go back through the maximized viewport. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Or a fix to correct the problem?

Thanks,

Sarah Heath

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: x2saheat

Your AutoCAD version? I can't replicate in R2014-2013-2012 in Win7 64bit, but I do know that BEDIT will kick you out temporarily from the viewport then put you back in it as it closes and saves your file. Perhaps you are interrupting that process?
In your viewport is UCSFOLLOW set to 1?
Message 3 of 16
x2saheat
in reply to: pendean

The AutoCAD version is F.107.0.0 2012 (SP1) 64BIT windows 7

It is hard to notice The change. It kicks me out temporarily if there is only one viewport. If there is more than one it kicks me to the next VP. The UCSFOLLOW is 0. I have never used this feature, Why would I want this to be 1? 

I did discover that if you edit the block in place this error does not happen. If you double click and go into the block editor, then close block editor (doesn't matter if you save changes or not). When you are back at the maximized veiwport after autocad finishes exiting the block editor, the annotative scale in the bottom right corner under the command line is 1:1. the only way to fix this is to. Go to paper space, select viewport, pick any other scale, go back to your correct scale, then back to maximized vp and it is fixed.  This happens even if the VP is locked.

Did that help?

Thanks

Sarah

Message 4 of 16
morganism3

This may be incredibly stupid, but . . . I assume you've tried using regen? Just thinking of simple solutions you could have overlooked.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again" - The IT Crowd

Message 5 of 16
x2saheat
in reply to: morganism3

Just double checked regen. It regenerates the model, but does not change the scale.

Message 6 of 16
pendean

Can you post a DWG where this happens?
Message 7 of 16
x2saheat

Yes, It happens in any drawing. If you need me to post direct steps exactly. Or screen shots. I'll see if i can do that too. Just let me know.

The drawing has a block included in it.

Thanks

Sarah

Message 8 of 16
x2saheat

I have also posted some pictures of before and after. with a red box around the scale.

Also in the after you cannot click on the scale to change it to the correct scale. It must be done from the layout tab in paper space.

Sarah

Message 9 of 16
pendean

Sorry, nothing changed at all in your file in my R2012 in Win7 64bit.

Message 10 of 16
x2saheat

Just to make sure we are clear on what happens. Visually nothing changes. The annotation scale through the maximized viewport is the only thing that chnages. when you go to paper space it, It is still your correct scale. Back to the maximized viewport to work on the drawing, shows 1:1. This makes me think that it is a system setting of some kind. 

I really appreciate all your help.

Message 11 of 16
pendean

Yep, the viewport stayed at 1/4" scale after all of that here.
Are you sure the annotative scale changes? Sometimes the display just gets stuck for some reason and displays 1:1 but nothing actually changes in the viewport. Restarting AutoCAd fixes the display problem.
Message 12 of 16
x2saheat

The viewport in Paper space is not the problem. The problem is when you enter to model space through the maximized viewport. When there the annotative scale is 1:1.  And yes the scale actually changes, If you try to pull a dimension it is 1:1. Not your chosen veiwport scale. Since I use many blocks, restarting autocad is not the best fix for this as I would have to restart many times a day.  The only other "fix" I have found is : Go to paperspace, select vp, pick another scale, pick the scale you want, enter through Maximized view port where it will now be fixed. 

Sarah

Message 13 of 16
pendean

I may be doing something different then you: I'll try it again later and trace my steps.
Message 14 of 16
x2saheat

Dean,

Did you have an opportunity to try again? 

Thank

Sarah

Message 15 of 16
pendean

In R2012:
- Opened your file.
- Locked your viewport (preset to 1/4" scale from you)
- VPMAXed into your viewport.
- Started BEDIT and added content to the only block.

- Exited and saved BEDIT.

- Yes, I am back in paperspace.

- No, your viewport is still set to 1/4" whether I use VPMAX or stay in paperspace.

Did I miss a process?

Message 16 of 16
x2saheat

I do not think you missed a process. For my station, when I am back in VPMAX this is where the scale changes to 1:1. paper space stays 1/4"

So no, you did everything. Now I wonder if there is a system setting letting this happen on my machine. I guess I'll continue to dig into it  and see if I can find an answer.

I appreciate all your help.

Sarah

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost