Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background masking

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cajohnsen
403 Views, 7 Replies

Background masking

I have been using backgroung masking in Mtext to cover up the mechanical piping in our drawings. It works

fine in AutoCAD, but we convert the drawing to pdf and then send the pdf to the printer to make prints. Now

the background masking is not working. You get a line going through the text.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem.

Craig

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: cajohnsen

Does the line show in the PDF? or the paper print? It's unclear from your post. probably help if you also included a screenshot of teh paper (or the actual PDF if the line is there).
Message 3 of 8
cajohnsen

It shows up in the pdf and on the print.

Message 4 of 8
dbroad

Seems to be working on some.  Are you sure you have the masking turned on for those objects and are you sure that they are in front (draworder) of the objects they should mask?

A drawing snippet beats a word document for diagnosing problems.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 8
cajohnsen

I looked at two drawing sheets. In both sheets the masking is on and the piping is hidden below the text. In the pdf of those same sheets one pdf shows the line hidden below the text and on the other sheet the line is not hidden.

Is the a way to tell if a item is IN FRONT or  BEHIND by clicking on it?

I am unable to send a snippet of the drawings.

Craig

Message 6 of 8
steve216586

The one sure way to tell where an item is positioned in draw order is to click on it. That automatically sends it to the Front.

After you are done and ready to print you can use the QSelect feature and select all the masks and bring to Front. I believe if you select to place "Above all objects" you then have to select above "What" objects; which can be cumbersome if you have many masks.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 7 of 8
dbroad

To ensure order, select the mtext objects, right click, draw order->Front.

To ensure masking, use the properties palette.  They must be mtext and background masking must be on.

Without a drawing snippet (just wblock a few objects to a new file and attach it to your post), we can't do much more than guess (which is a waste of time for those participating in this thread).

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 8 of 8
cajohnsen

I used the "out of the box" DWG to PDF converter that comes with AutoCAD. It worked fine. Now problems.

I am beginning to think it might be the Third party software our office purchased to create PDF's.

Thanks to all.

Craig

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost