AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Message 1 of 4 (203 Views)

BUTTON image WON'T SAVE

203 Views, 3 Replies
03-29-2012 01:04 PM

I have some custom buttons on toolbars and menus which I have created bitmaps for. Ever since I've upgraded to ACAD 2011, the image on the button will not save. I alter the .cui file and I can make the button find it. All looks great, I hit apply and I get no errors. When I close out I am back to the clouded question mark. The button works, but I can't get this to save the image. Also, any time I go into the cui editor, it moves all of my docked and locked toolbars. It gets kind of annoying to have to keep dragging them back. It also keeps bringing up the steering wheel, even though I don't use that. Any ideas?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (189 Views)

Re: BUTTON image WON'T SAVE

03-29-2012 08:31 PM in reply to: msanders

are you manually saving your workspace after closing CUI?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Message 3 of 4 (178 Views)

03-30-2012 06:34 AM in reply to: pendean

Workspace is set to automatically save changes...

I found yesterday that I was loading an old .cui file, and at some point I had created a .cuix file of the same name.

I'm trying that with a little better results, but there are still some quirks. I still have some trouble buttons. I've tried removing the paths to the bitmaps, and adding the main path in the support files under options.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 4 (158 Views)

04-03-2012 06:27 PM in reply to: msanders

I never rely on autosave for Workspaces: if it's important enough to edit the CUI, it's important enough to WSSAVE manually too.

CUIx files store button images, you have to delete the offending item there first before it will read (and load/store) a new one: CUI command, tap that image manager button, see screenshot.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube