Did you mean: 

Automating Page Layouts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
265 Views, 2 Replies

Automating Page Layouts

Hello,

I am looking at streamlining page layout configuration. When I say this, I mean that I want there to be a button, a small msg to type into command line, or any general quick shortcut, to create a new Layout based on a specific template layout that is located on my server. There will be multiple template layouts that the user has the option to choose from when creating a new one, with each layout contianing an xref title block, and a particular size .  Also, I would like these to avaiable everytime I open autoCAD, regardless of the current drawing being worked on.

I've looked at Macros and Sheet Sets, but I was wondering if there was an optium way to do something like this? I realize its a failry begginger problem but I am still a begginer at autocad.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you considered using DESIGN CENTER for this purpose?

Also "Insert>Layout>Layout from Template" may work, can also be found by rt click on Layout Tab.

Another method would be to place them all in a dwt on your server and set this file as QNEW variable in Options>Files Tab>Template Settings>Qnew (sorry no cad in front of me but general location for)

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Look up PSETUPIN comamnd, assuming you took the time to create a master template file with all possible pagesetup needs you'd need in a typical working day.

Automation requires preplanning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost