Did you mean: 

Autocad 2011 crashes windows

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kaminskijakub1993
268 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad 2011 crashes windows

Hi all,
I've got this porblem for smth about month and I triad almost  (I hope) everything to solve it.
So: after launching autocad (now 2011) computer 'thinks' few seconds, then this grey start screen comes up and after 3-4 sec windows crashes.
At first it is let's say low crash beacause bios keeps running (I can tell from possibility of turning on and off keyboard backlight) and after next few sec everything is down except from grapghics fan.

I tried to slove this problem:
- upgrading grphics soft
- reinstalling: c++ redistributable, net framework and direct x
- reinstalling autocad (2014-2013-2012 and now 2011)
- launching autocad in all modes (windows- basic colors, as administrator etc. etc.)

Windows 7 64bit
My hardaware is:
Lenovo Y580
Intel i7-3610QM
Nvidia GTX660M. Intel graphics 4000m
HDD- ST750LM022
8 GB RAM

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

I remember a few msgs about problem between AutoCAD and Lenovo ...

Google is your friend !

If I remember well, problems were solved by killing some specific Lenovo Software ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Hi,

It might be that AutoCAD is the application that uses some part of the hardware and the driver so it seems to be the reason for crashing Windows, but nowadays an OS-crash has something to do with hardware or it's drivers.

Run system tests, especially stress tests with memory, harddisk and graphic card (tests from different vendors).

Look if you have installed any Lenovo tools that were installed with the os, if you don't need that tools ==> uninstall them, it's easiere then to find the source of the problem.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost